Debris Management Operations
Debris operations can be the single most costly task associated with a disaster. Developing a debris management plan is a vital step for state and local governments to ensure the efficient implementation of debris operations and maximizing of reimbursement for a federally declared disaster.
Witt O’Brien’s debris management specialists have monitored and documented the removal of over twenty-five million cubic yards of debris generated by hurricanes, tornadoes and ice storms throughout the United States, with the consistent goal of expediting recovery, mitigating risks to public health and safety and maximizing reimbursements through strict compliance with federal guidelines.
Witt O’Brien’s electronic debris management solution, DebrisPro™, is a securely hosted, multi-device supported, web-enabled system. It integrates the best of the breed technology, tools, server infrastructure, handheld devices and a web portal to simplify the basic tasks of managing debris monitoring and removal, contracts management, and office operations. DebrisPro™, provides an effective way to capture field operations and synchronize information to the central server over the internet. This allows leadership teams to view reports, charts, and summaries relevant to their level of authority through a web portal.
Key debris management services include:
- Debris Management Planning
- Development of a FEMA-approved debris management plan
- Identification and permitting of temporary debris storage and reduction sites
- Identification of Final Disposal Sites
- Collection Monitoring
- Residential Debris Drop-Off Site Management and Monitoring
- Health and Safety Program
- FEMA/FHWA Cost Separation
- Special Debris/Stumps, Limbs, Tress and other Issues
- Management of large-scale debris removal operations
- Debris Vehicle Certification
- Facilitation/coordination with key state and federal agencies to ensure plan compliance and coordination
- Management of private property debris removal (PDR)/demolition planning operations
- Quality assurance and control programs
- Prevent Planning, Training, and Tabletop Exercise
- Technology solution – DebrisPro™