Witt O’Brien’s is a nationally recognized leader in assisting county and local governments manage disaster recovery, navigating the FEMA Public Assistance and Hazard Mitigation Grant Programs, and providing expert staffing support to address immediate needs and maximize recovery funding. When disaster strikes, the immediate restoration of services to affected residents is foremost, and residents must have confidence in the community's ability to continue to deliver services. Accomplishing this requires the identification of damages, establishment of temporary facilities and the restoration and mitigation of facilities. Paying for it takes the kind of expert understanding of federal disaster recovery programs that Witt O’Brien’s provides its local government clients.
Witt O’Brien’s expert staff have participated in nearly every major disaster to strike the United States since 2001, has documented more than 80,000 FEMA Public Assistance Grant Program Project Worksheets, and has managed and implemented more than $25 billion in FEMA Public Assistance funding. No other disaster recovery consulting firm can match that level of experience or record of success.
Key Public Assistance Services include:
- Development a long-term recovery strategy
- Prioritize projects to compliment capital plans
- Ensure compliance with FEMA Public Assistance guidelines
- Coordinate other benefits to maximize funding
- Act as a strong advocate to resolve eligibility issues and maximize benefits
- Prepare and review FEMA project worksheet documentation from the beginning stages of development all the way through closeout and audit
- Identify ways to prevent future damage and providing funding solutions to implement them
Witt O’Brien’s delivers a high rate of return on investment, saving clients millions of dollars through expertise in recovery project cost management. In minimal time of a major disaster, Witt O’Brien’s will engage directly with FEMA demonstrating clients’ immediacy to exceed damage assessments, while developing mitigation plans to protect clients from future damage.