Witt O’Brien’s provides the most experienced and independently tested Incident Management Team (IMT) services available. Our incident management professionals respond to all sizes and types of incidents—from small one-person Qualified Individual (QI) responses to Type 1 incidents lasting several months or years. We provide complete staffing of all functions of an Incident Command System (ICS) IMT. On behalf of our clients, our capabilities are regularly tested, through more than a hundred annual planned and unannounced exercises initiated by or in conjunction with Bureau of Safety and Environment Enforcement (BSEE), the U.S. Coast Guard (USCG), California's Office of Spill Prevention and Response and others.
Our Incident Commanders and incident management team professionals have both managed and/or provided technical support for some of the largest natural and environmental emergencies, including the Refugio California pipeline incident, Deepwater Horizon, M/V Cosco Busan, M/T Athos 1, the Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza outbreak in Minnesota and Iowa, and Hurricanes Katrina and Rita.
Incident management services include:
- Providing a complete IMT of trained personnel for immediate comprehensive management of an incident.
- Supplementing a client’s IMT to complete the various planning, logistics, operational, financial, public relations, safety, or command functions requested for a specific incident.
- Sourcing and managing additional response contractors, removal organizations, and other related specialty consultants to achieve a coordinated, efficient response to the incident.
- Providing access to our Command Center facilities in Slidell and Houston, maintaining exercise and incident documentation, providing updates on regulatory issues, and providing phone consultations for any incident.
- Providing fully integrated public affairs staff to manage a Joint Information Center (JIC) complete with PIERPro™ operators.
- Providing a complete incident cost accounting, documentation, and analysis to the client.
- Our IMT services are supported by Witt O’Brien’s proprietary ICS software, CommandPro®, the Common Operating Platform™, PIERPro™, and DebrisPro™.