Common Operating Platform™
On a daily basis, emergency incidents and planned activities are continuous and ongoing. Maintaining situational awareness of events and activities can be challenging and time consuming. Witt O’Brien’s Common Operating Platform™ (COP) enables current situational awareness with access to information and real-time data through the medium of a dynamic map for use by emergency management personnel and other authorized officials. If an incident evolves into an extended emergency, Witt O’Brien’s COP scales and provides a complete Incident Command System (ICS) module with all of the appropriate ICS forms and maps to develop a standard Incident Action Plan (IAP). This enables emergency managers and incident management personnel to be supported with the appropriate information and data seamlessly as the incident scales and emergency management resources surge. As the emergency starts to affect public services (e.g., road closures, evacuations, shelters), Witt O’Brien’s COP also provides an outward facing public information module to keep the public informed. This public information site can be filtered and presented with only the appropriate information.
The COP integrated with CommandPro® and powered by Esri’s ArcGIS Online platform will be deployed to public safety organizations using a Software as a Service (SaaS) model. This will maximize the information sharing capability and accessibility via any internet-connected computer or smart mobile device. The systems will deliver the following three baseline solutions:
- Dial Tone – An always-on situation awareness module typically serving the daily needs of an Emergency Operations Center (EOC) duty staff or other emergency preparedness functional requirements. Information feeds will be designed, and can be customized, to provide situational visibility such as weather, traffic, remote live video, social media connectivity, and current resource deployments.
- Response Mode – A fully capable command and control system utilizing ICS to establish strategic objectives; set operational tactics; order, deploy, and track response resources; provide documentation with a complete IAP and all appropriate ICS forms; and visually support operational and information briefings with multi-purpose maps and associated geospatial links to ICS forms and resource status.
- Public View – An external information viewer that provides common functionality across constituent user groups increasing communication and collaboration. Public Information Maps (PIM) are provided for a variety of purposes along with geospatial information/instructions, such as incident location, evacuation areas, restricted or evacuation routes, and shelter locations.
Value and Benefits
Receiving enterprise value is difficult with technology solutions designed for a specific task. Witt O’Brien’s COP integrated with CommandPro® and powered by Esri’s ArcGIS Online platform is designed specifically to serve multiple functions for a wide array of users. By automating ICS with CommandPro® and leveraging the latest Esri ArcGIS Online technology, this system delivers the most sophisticated ICS solution on the market today and is truly a real-time COP picture—providing needed information for normal operational tempo as well as support for responses to major events or events of significant interest. Direct benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Increased capability to prepare for, monitor, respond to, communicate about, and recover from an event.
- Control, streamline, and accelerate the distribution of relevant and critical information among collaborating agencies and role-based users.
- Real-time briefing capabilities for the elected officials, the media, and the public, based upon data being presented on the internet or public-accessible databases.
- Geo-fencing capabilities that provide unlimited functionality to access sensors and other data sources, set parameters, and preset automated actions.
- Input from multiple types of social media about the event for intelligence purposes.
- Real-time visual climatology information impacting operations.
- Real-time visual transportation information informing operations and evacuation routing.
- Real-time visual display of assets through broadcasting of electronic serial numbers, communications identifiers, and other equipment specific ID systems associated with ICS forms.
- Wide-area damage assessment and data gathering capability with satellite imagery or on-the-ground mobile devices.
- Ready available date recall for after-action reporting and hot-wash capabilities.
- Built-in training and exercise capability.
- Support when you need it by accessing a true 24/7 operations center staffed by individuals with public safety experience, currently handling over 1,600 annual requests for Witt O’Brien’s response management assistance.