Witt O’Briens’s supports your long-term recovery planning efforts—either before or after a disaster occurs—better positioning you to restore your community and maximize the recovery process by building back stronger, safer, and smarter than ever before.
Being prepared for a disaster means more than being ready to respond. It involves having a plan, identifying priorities, working with local “champions,” engaging stakeholders, and establishing a management construct for implementation of a rapid and effective recovery effort. It also requires setting expectations for recovery, linking key plan components to potential funding sources, and reasonable time lines.
What differentiates Witt O’Brien’s from other service providers is our ability to link long-term recovery plans with proven implementation experience. Witt O’Brien’s has supported communities with disaster recovery efforts associated with nearly every significant disaster in the United States. This experience—including the implementation of long-term recovery plans that we have developed on behalf of our clients—brings practical, real-world understanding to your community’s planning efforts, making it more complete and effective.
Key recovery planning services include:
- Completion of a community risk profile, to both identify and assess the risk to broad-based community functions and services
- Evaluation of actual or projected disaster impacts across broad community sectors (e.g., housing, infrastructure, economy)
- Identification of key stakeholders for recovery planning and implementation efforts
- Community education, outreach, and media affairs
- Recommendation of an effective recovery planning organization and process
- Facilitation of the identification of priority recovery functions and priorities (including specific projects to “jump-start” the recovery if a disaster has already occurred or to address specific known hazards)
- Interagency coordination services
- Technology solutions – CrisisPro™ and ePlanPro®