Training and Exercises
Witt O’Brien’s provides a complete suite of standard training offerings that include organizational leadership, compliance, command and control, and functional needs. We have assembled a staff of nationally recognized trainers; former State Emergency Management Training Officers; an original author of National Incident Management System (NIMS)/Incident Command System (ICS); and reputable training personnel in mitigation, recovery, and regulatory compliance. We stand alone when it comes to our ability to provide emergency management, disaster management, and risk reduction training.
With extensive real-life experience in actual crisis and emergency response management, Witt O’Brien’s offers a number of domestic and international exercises and drills. Our expertise includes design and execution of drills, tabletop, functional, and full-scale exercises that meet and exceed the Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program (HSEEP) standards, along with such programs as the National Preparedness for Response Exercise Program (NPREP) and the training reference for Oil Spill Response Guidelines for all-risk exercises. We specialize in the integration of public and private-sector players in our exercises.
Key training and exercise services include:
- Equipment deployment drills
- Seminars, drills, tabletop, functional, and full-scale exercises and after-action reviews
- Critical infrastructure assessments
- Natural and technological hazards functional training
- Response (ICS organizational and position-specific training)
- Recovery (pre-disaster, long-term, and economic recovery training)
- Individual and organizational leadership training
- Regulatory training for storm water; spill prevention, control, and countermeasures (SPCC); facility response plans (FRP), Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act (EPCRA)/Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), and security (MTSA).