As your partner in compliance, Witt O’Brien’s helps you meet the many regulatory requirements imposed on vessels trading in U.S. waters.
For companies trading their ships to the U.S. for the first time, our vessel services are designed to facilitate a trouble-free first port call to U.S. waters. We develop the necessary documentation to prepare your vessel to enter U.S. waters in full compliance with OPA 90 and other related regulations. Witt O’Brien’s offers a wide variety of services including arranging Certificates of Financial Responsibility (COFR), U.S. Coast Guard (USCG) and state vessel response plan preparation, EPA Vessel General Permit compliance, and other required documentation. We can assist in arranging special coverage that may be required, including average most probable discharge (AMPD) coverage; Canadian Certified Response Organization (CRO) contracting; California Shoreline Protection coverage; Panama Canal Shipboard Oil Pollution Emergency Plans (SOPEP); Panama Authorized Person services; and many others.
Key vessel services include:
- Regulatory Update Checklists
- Circulars (Admin, Regulatory, Safety, and Technology Updates)
- Safety alerts and security advisories
- Master’s Guides to compliance (Canada, Panama, and US)
- Response plan preparation and maintenance
- OPA 90 Qualified Individual (QI) services
- OPA 90 exercise compliance
- Spill management team (SMT) services
- Media/public affairs management services
- SOPEP/SMPEP preparation
- Pre-boarding vessel inspection and preparation
- Environmental Compliance Programs (DOJ and voluntary)
- ISM/IS0 audit support services
- ISPS and vessel security plan audits
- Navigation audits
- VGP compliance verification and training
References & Links
For more information about our services, please contact us.