One of the simplest approaches for an organization to find more time for crisis communication is to enlist a platform to automate select communications tasks. Crisis communications software platforms allow communications teams to save time and focus on strategic priorities, like message development or spokesperson prep.
PIER™ (Public Information For Emergency Response) is a comprehensive, web-based communications platform that serves as a virtual Crisis Communications Center or Joint Information Center. PIER™ provides flexible solutions for handling internal and external communications, streamlines communications processes, automates tasks and prevents misinformation during crises.
- Fully integrated system with tools for contact management, content creation and distribution, inquiry management, and social media engagement
- Every PIER™ feature works alone or in partner with other functions
- PIER™’s efficiency saves time, money, and resources by streamlining workflow
- Easily customize web pages using content management tools
- Multiple distribution methods including email, text-to-voice, and SMS text message
- Subscription manager for stakeholder updates to contact information and desired delivery methods
- Push and pull communications through email distribution, surveys, inquiries, text messaging, and social media integration
- Integrate RSS feeds to auto-populate web pages with real-time information
- Monitor trending topics to mitigate rumors, track public perception, and strategically plan communications
- Easy access from web-enabled computers and mobile devices
- Reliable access to contacts, documents, inquiries, and messaging
- Continuity of communications regardless of infrastructure or network disruptions